Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It’s posts like this that don’t make any sense. I realize you’re just relaying what your sales person told you but you or him or both of you are not understanding the process correctly. Build week 37 is between September 13 and September 19. That’s supposed to be the week your car is finished. That’s what week 37 means on your build sheet anyway. So either you guys are reading that wrong or he just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The only other option would be that none of us know what we talking about and there is no methodology to this. However that can’t be true because there’s hundreds of pages of previous threads that tracked many builds of many models pretty accurately. So I’m going back to what has always been known and that is when you are given a build week that’s the week it’s supposed to be finished.
It's particularly confusing because there are a number of BMW systems, for example the dealership ordering system, the system Genius uses to query orders (sometimes they use the mainframe BMW system, not the same as the dealership), different systems between regions (US vs Europe) etc

Each one of these systems have a bunch of dates labelled using different headings, for example here's a screenshot from my UK dealer back when I placed the order in mid June:

If you look at the circled labels, we have:

Req. Prod Week: Week 37 Month 09 Year 2021
Sub. Prod Week: Week 37 Month 09 Year 2021
Conf. Prod Week: Week 36 Month 09 Year 2021

My understanding is they map to:

Requested Production Week (as requested by the dealership)
Submitted Production Week (???)
Confirmed Production Week (as accepted per the factory - this should be the true production week used for tracking the order)

I have seen other screenshots where some of these dates are described using different labels (eg PW or Planned Week)

So could it be that the week 37 on his build sheet refers to the "requested production week", but the "confirmed production week" isn't until say week 40 (beginning of Oct)

Maybe someone in the know can shed more light on this - calbears perhaps?
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50