01-18-2021, 01:13 PM   #151
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
That's very wishful thinking. They had it with the same tune and the option to spec a 6MT with the ZCP last generation and the sales numbers weren't even close.

EDIT: I reread your post, you're saying that most 6MT buyers would opt for the ZCP. Well the only difference in the two cars is the transmission (and the tune that accompanies it) so it's academic.

Edited my post to clarify I meant specifically 6MT buyers and not all G8X buyers.

I think this generation vs the previous is a bit different. ZCP used to be just an option package that some buyers/dealers making orders may have not even known about. Now it's offered as a separate model and advertised much differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eja144 View Post
If that's BMW's agenda, then they'll be in for a surprise when the "slow" 6MT keeps up with its superior counterpart in sales numbers. The power gap is nothing a tune can't fix.
While that is true, it's silly to have to get an aftermarket tune on a 70k+ car (and potentially void your warranty in the process) when BMW could've simply offered the car with the extra hp/tq to begin with.
Appreciate 0