View Single Post
      09-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #63
bmwdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying05 View Post
I had a 2015 991 C2s and while it was the best handling car I have ever had, I dare to say that I was bored in it unless you drove it fast. Had it 3 1/2 years and traded for a Panamera 4s so I could take my family in my fun car. Needless to say, that car lasted 4 months with me and sold it for a nice profit even after 4 months due to covid.

Now have a 2022 M3 base in production and can’t wait. I can take my family with me in my weekend car and will have a manual back after 12 years. My other car is a 2020 unlimited rubicon so the best of both worlds.
I think I'm looking at the exact same cars as you, although unlike you, I haven't owned any of them.

- Porsche 992: I love it but after driving it for a day I came to a similar conclusion. If I'm not driving it fast, it's a little boring. I still like it but I do worry that I may get bored with it and wonder why I paid so much money for a car.
- Porsche Panamera: My wife loves it. I also think it looks great but I'm not really interested in a big luxury sedan.
- Porsche Cayman: This is the car I love the most, hands down. Even the 4-cylinder base model puts a smile on my face. It's not exactly the car I need though with a family. I also wonder if the small sports car thing wears off after a while and then I'm left driving around in a small impractical car.
- G80: I have one on order.... I'm not crazy about the look, but it's good enough. I have also never actually driven one. I sure hope it's good. I know it has crazy performance, but I hope it has some of the charm of the Cayman even at sane speeds on the street. Crossing my fingers....
Appreciate 0