View Single Post
      12-28-2020, 08:11 PM   #18
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I had an F90 M5C with the B&W and a 2020 RR Velar with the upgraded Meridian system. Both sounded excellent with the correct audio source (more on that below) and didn't feel the need for aftermarket audio. The bass was a little lacking, but I'm finding these high end system's philosophy doesn't seem to be strong bass for some reason. I was definitely a fan of the nice lights in the tweeters of the B&W system.

As for audio source, I use the Tidal app on my iPhone and always attempt to download the Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) audio when available for a song or album. When using this level of media quality, these systems really shine. While difficult to discern even from CD quality, it is subtle enough to know you got the best audio source. Of course you have to connect either with a USB cable or the wireless Apple CarPlay. No Bluetooth!!

I do find it disappointing that the G8x is only coming with a standard HK system.

I'm leaning towards the 2021 E63S MB (W213), but still deciding if I wanna go back to the G82 when AWD is available. Touch decisions.
Appreciate 0