View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 12:34 PM   #11
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
Congratulations! Your CS looks great. You have gone through quite the ordeal. Your luck and determination paid off.

Can you share how the negotiations went with the dealers you contacted? Were they demanding over list/MSRP?

Separately, what happens to the car damaged in transport? I imagine it will be resold. Does the dealer have to disclose the damage and sell at a discount?
Thank you! It was quite the ordeal that happened and is unfortunate for all parties involved.

The 1st dealer was selling at MSRP and made the process very easy. No BS or games. The dealer I purchased from did start at $10k over sticker and that mark up was negotiated down to what I felt was acceptable given the limited availability. What helped me get the mark up to a minimum was showing up in person and the willingness to buy the car that day. It was some back and forth negotiating and at one point I thought it wouldn't happen. The dealer did mention selling at MSRP if I was local because they would be the servicing dealer. The finance dept. didn't play any games and was straightforward with the rates. Thankfully I didn't have to go through hoops and over hurdles with them.

From what I'm hearing the damaged car was sent back to BMW to be repaired at port and will not be reflected in a carfax report etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGM4 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase and the winding route you took to get it! I love the look of the car, nice to see a BSM one instead of all the white and green ones! lol

A great post for me to read as I pick up my BSM M3 CS IN 8 days time from my local dealer!

I’ve had a G82 M4CX for just over two years but placed an order for a new M3CX in September last year, which was due for delivery into the UK at Christmas.

However production was delayed until a March delivery, then about 6 weeks ago the sales woman rang to give me first refusal on a new CS they’d unexpectedly managed to secure, which had been on order by Chris Harris (from Top Gear - he lives in my area!) but he’d cancelled it!

So after some negotiation I bought it. I’ve had to wait 6 weeks to collect but this time next week will be my last day in the M4!
Thank you! It was quite the journey. What was supposed to be an easy purchase and uneventful turned into quite the experience. BSM was the only color I wanted because it looks the best in my opinion and flows well with the interior colors. Sinister & sophisticated at the same time. The G8X platform is one of the best BMW has to offer and that is why so many people find themselves purchasing more that one.

You have a fantastic story attached to your inbound CS. Chris Harris would be very jealous if he knew that he missed the opportunity to own one of the best cars BMW made to date.

Enjoy your CS my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
Congratulations! I enjoy your yt channel!
Much appreciated and it's great to hear you enjoy the content. The CS is out for PPF and tint at the moment. Can't wait to get it back and get more seat time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Nice bud, that thing is sick!
Thanks my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I've never owned a black car before until my new to me M4 GTS, and all of a sudden, I get it. I also get now how different these limited edition cars drive compared to normal.

While I don't plan to get one anytime soon, if I ever get rid of my GTS and "need" a sedan, the M3CS in either Signal Green or BSM will be my choice.

Congrats on a seriously gorgeous car.
Thanks my man! A GTS in black is one mean machine and these special edition M3/M4's offer quite a unique experience compared to the other models. It's crazy how BMW can make an already fantastic car that is super capable and take it to another level of performance and feel. Kudos BMW!
Appreciate 2
W///7517.50