01-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #8
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek. View Post
They're annoying because 99% of the time they have some clapped out unfinished project that no one else would want.

OP's idea is more of a place to showcase rare/unique vehicles and give prospective buyers the opportunity to make an above-market offer on a car they REALLY want. The main issue I see here is that your TAM could be small since you'll have to get sellers on the platform with the promise of an offer that'll blow them away and be able to back that up with buyers that are willing to pay more than market value to get exactly what they want.

It's almost like the forums, in a sense, since I could find cars that I like and PM the owner asking what'll it take for their car to be mine. My general rule on cars that I own that aren't for sale is if I'm offered more than I have into it, I'll take it and get something new to play with. The problem is that 99% of the time enthusiast cars aren't worth what we put into them so we need a strong following of buyers who are willing to make objectively foolish buying decisions driven by emotion. Bit of a tough sell if I'm honest.

This really is the crux of the issue, that in order for it to be effective and compelling, you really need a HEAP of people on the platform.

To be honest it's the kind of thing i just assumed VinWiki was doing because I see their ads everywhere, but it is entirely different, and i still don't get it 🤷*♀️ .

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 0