View Single Post
      12-23-2020, 08:53 AM   #100
F80SRT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 xM3C/'20 X3MComp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I respectively disagree. I don't care what relationship you think you have with your dealer. If you have a major issue ( Blown tranny, spun crank hub w/ motor damage F8X only hopefully, bent rods) you are not getting covered!! It's that simple. No one at a dealership can approve that type of repair. They will send someone to see what happened from BMW. Your BUDDY at the dealership isn't going to hook you up with a 20,000 motor repair
Yeah, I can't deny that, nor would I want to test it to prove your theory.

The general phrase though, 'you tune, your warranty is gone', tells the story as if it's black and white, and in the past I'm saying full tossing of the warranty was not the case.

In this new cloud, big brother watching though, the impression was it would be more like you are saying. You tune, and your ENTIRE warranty is gone.

Full disclosure, before the X5M, I had a F80Comp with VFEngineering tune, so I'm not opposed to tuning. I'd love to run a piggy back/flash on the X3MC (but it's the wife's, and for what little I drive it I figure it's not worth it). Besides, I'm in line for the G80Comp in AWD, and WAS considering a small tune (50-60HP bump) but really don't want to see my entire warranty tossed.
Appreciate 0