4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Hey, nice work.

I’ve just ordered the same system but resonated, I was concerned about droning on the motorway, especially if I have the kids in the back. I was worried the Ti rear box would be loud as it seems like it’s not got much insulation in it.
Is the noise perfect at all times or would you say that there are some occasions when it’s loud or raspy?
I’m also keen to see what you think of motorway driving with the non red pipes, is it just l like stock?
Reason I’m asking is because I’m in the window to change the order if I want too, but need your advice really.
Finally, why choose the Jpipe over the equal length option? I don’t want the car to sound like the S55 😁I’m sure it doesn’t.
Thanks

Hey, nice work.

Thank you! Please see response to your questions below:

I’ve just ordered the same system but resonated, I was concerned about droning on the motorway, especially if I have the kids in the back. I was worried the Ti rear box would be loud as it seems like it’s not got much insulation in it.

Hello sir I was also concerned about droning on the motor way. Although you could say I have a high tolerance for sound but I experience no droning in comfort or sport mode. In sport plus on the motorway cruising in a higher gear low rpm there might be a slight slight hint of droning… Not concerning as when in sport plus I’m sure most are not just cruising on the motorway.

Is the noise perfect at all times or would you say that there are some occasions when it’s loud or raspy?

I have not gone over 5k as I did not do my break in service but I get no sense of rasp and feel the noise is just perfect. Very deep and aggressive sounding when in sport plus. It is intoxicating!!

I’m also keen to see what you think of motorway driving with the non red pipes, is it just l like stock?

Yes in comfort mode very close to stock and slightly louder in sport mode when cruising

Reason I’m asking is because I’m in the window to change the order if I want too, but need your advice really.

I personally would do the same system again, but up to you!! I like it a bit aggressive in sport plus and have it close to stock in comfort.

Finally, why choose the Jpipe over the equal length option? I don’t want the car to sound like the S55 😁I’m sure it doesn’t.

I did not do the J pipe in the pictures you can see just twin pipe non resonated with h pipe. For some reason I think SS now call it the X pipe on there site. But it is the same part numbers.

Thanks
Appreciate 0