View Single Post
      12-28-2023, 09:55 AM   #19
vbb
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Ya, I think you guys called it. Certainly could have been a person but just as likely just picked it up driving. Roughly how deep was the screw? I guess someone could try to push in the screw with their hand, foot, rock, etc. But if they had a screw driver, why not just jamb that into the tire. But picked it up in four miles?

Sucks either way.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago, about 9:30 pm, I’m taking the dog out. I’m in our driveway and an C Class Merc is driving by with an obvious flat tire. Young lady stops in front of our house. I go over to assist. Long story short, she has four flats all caused by a screwdriver….
Not even 4 full miles and not through any construction zones. I will concede that it may not have been vandalism, but how incredibly unlucky and at such an odd angle if it wasn't intentional! The tire shop guys are the ones that said they've never seen a screw threaded down like that and in such an odd spot. They thought it looked intentional. I figure they've seen more things than any of us.