ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
How do you like your S3? They are very good cars... the chassis for its price is quite solid.
Chassis, power (stg1 tune), quickness/darting, looks, interior design are all rather good. Interior space, top end, track feel (stock tires... destroyed 3 tires in one day), track excitement and an unnecessarily harsh ride on the highway are the down sides. I am 6'3" and my seat and steering wheel are both pretty far back so I have to weave my a$$ around the b-pillar was to get in and out of the car. Also I (rarely) put my kids in the car to go for a drive but they constantly complain about the S3's lack of space. They loved the 7 series they sat in the other day bc they could swing their legs and not hit the driver seat lol ... (3 & 5 yrs old). I use a Camaro SS 1LE which has all the drama the S3 is missing, is wayyy more capable on track and actually is a much smoother ride down the highway with the MR suspension in the Camaro. Of course the 1LE has basically no back seat and luxury. I'm super torn between drama and utility (Raptor, yolo) and something either more luxurious or more useful while also being s better highway cruiser (540i, X5 35i, Tundra Platinum Crewmax). Too many great vehicles out there and nothing is perfect at everything, ugh!
I agree w your comments, i've driven them quite a bit... I think on the whole it is a small car and not really fit for someone who will consistently have back passengers. I also don't really think any Audi is particularly a track car... the haldex awd is however quite good even tho it does make the car feel fwd. In terms of top end, w a stage 2 tune, they can trap 115 mph so I would call that at least very good for a 4 banger. My only complaints were w the exhaust sound and the laggy motor... I think a nice exhaust fixes one and a solid tune helps w the other... overall a very good car however.