View Single Post
      11-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #38
Sunnystone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Looks absolutely tremendous. Congrats! Presumably this is RWD? So much is being written in praise right now about the xdrive that we're in danger of forgetting how grippy and capable the original rear driven version apparently is. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on its composure on the road as we now move into these colder and potentially slippy months. But anyway, I agree: pictures don't do justice. You've got to see these things in person.
I must admit to starting my journey wanting the Xdrive model, in either IOMG, OG or PB with stardard seats in KO and not bothering with the carbon extras.

My brother-in-law who works for BMW in Lincoln had this Toronto Red RWD come into stock complete with the Ultimate pack which included the carbon bucket seats and exterior carbon detailing amongst many other major key options included with the ultimate pack. A few hours with this had me signing on the dotted line.

I was so impressed with RWD capabilities that I quickly realised i didnt need the Xdrive option. Yes if it happened to have had xdrive I wouldve been happy with that too but this thing is pure joy and has everything i need performance wise. Its not a daily driver but more a weekend toy.

It wasnt that long ago that some reviewers thought the RWD they were driving was AWD it was that good.

No very very happy with it. Im always wanting to drive the thing!

Appreciate 1
DavidXJ663.00