BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Oh I hear you! I hate the gap from the top of the tire to the wheel well, I love the stance when the car is lower. But, our roads suck, lots of freeze/thaw so potholes and quite uneven surfaces.

The main reason I asked the question was more related to wondering if lowering compromises the intent of the suspension system. That said, you're right, speed bumps, pot holes, breaks in pavement would be a problem if the car is to low.
If you are solely worried about the suspension being compromised, there is risk in regards to reduced compression and rebound from a durability standpoint if one is lowered for quite a few miles (alot).

If you are worried about ride quality- I have not felt or seen any degradation in my adjustments. BMW got the damper setup down here; now my opine is just that but its facts owning the car and not driving it for a week or more as I have other rides, then getting in and driving the same roads and completely forgetting it is dropped.

Now the Verstappen's of the world will chime in as Ive said but in reality you will be just fine. The only reason I can see for not lowering is if you you live in pot hole hell and speed bump purgatory.
This is great information, I don't rack up a lot of Km's (I'm in Canada) so I should be ok on that front.

We do have crappy roads, speed bumps not really an issue.

I'll do a little more thinking.
Appreciate 0