View Single Post
      01-17-2023, 11:10 PM   #15
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

Now that I have had the G80 I don’t miss the E92 for a few reasons. The power delivery of the S58 and the punch that is available at almost any rev in any gear is substantial and makes the car really easy to drive fast.
The E92M was fun from a standpoint of acoustics and initial throttle response, however that engine didn’t deliver the punch especially in the lower rev range for around town driving.
In addition, it has been a joy to rev the S58 with its familiar power band (linear) knowing of its inherent reliability. Part of the reason I was happy to let go of the E92 was I did not want to deal with those rod bearings or the possibility of an engine seizing. I know that’s borrowing trouble, but it really did impact my enjoyment of the car.
I did enjoy the power band in the upper rev ranges of the S65, but the power and torque of this S58 leaves nothing to be desired. It is also the reason I went with the 6MT, to control throttle and the release of power into the gears. To have that connection with this car has been a lot of fun.
So I haven’t looked back to the E92 with the G80. Also, the chassis of the G80 cannot be denied as being so intuitive and sharp in handling. The E92 was a great car, but this one will be the keeper into retirement. I consider myself fortunate to have owned both.
Appreciate 2
Jim B1895.00
JTO245276.00