03-22-2021, 05:42 AM   #102
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerj100 View Post
As a previous E90 and F82 owner and a current Giulia QV owner, I can honestly state that my 2.5 years of Alfa ownership have been more trouble-free than any of my previous BMWs. I've had exactly zero unexpected trips to the dealer with the Alfa and the reliability issues are vastly overblown. I know plenty of other Alfa owners who have had the same experience as I have, so I'm not the only lucky one.

Not taking anything away from BMW as I drove BMW cars for 12 of the previous 15 years before getting the Alfa... And I'm sure a G80 is in my future, but I wouldn't let the perception of reliability issues dissuade a potential buyer from considering a QV...

of course on any brand you can have bad luck and get a, like we say in switzerland, "monday-car" with a lot of issues.

For sure Alfa is much better than in the past regarding reliability.

But there were several things keeping me from buying a QV:

Pro for Alfa:
- price difference may be 20k which is pro alfa (a little unfair as I have a lot of discount on alfa)
- Emotions (i'm a bapedibupi Italian, I have emotions in an Italian car)
- Design, I love the design of the Alfa
- It's a bloody Ferrari Engine!! even though they say no, it is
- Steering. Damn never ever have I had such an awesome steering

now negative:
- Only Auto (MT is mandatory for me, BIG THANK YOU TO BMW!!)
- interior
- included service. In switzerland with BMW we get free service up to 100'000KM and you only pay for liquids (they also change brakes if they are through, for free). Alfa well, only the work hours are paid.
- individual settings for the car. things like engine etc. BMW is much more flexible here
- resale value. Alfa depreciates really really bad ..
- costumer treatment. It's not the Alfa Garage treated me bad, they just didn't give me the feeling to really want to sell me the car and make me feel comfortable. It may sound stupid and I know if you want a car you just want it but it makes a big difference for me if I feel taken serious or not. BMW offered me closed room presentation, exclusive test drive of the new M4 in January (!!!) and so on. This makes a BIG difference imo.

Well but to be fair, Alfa was already out because I wanted a MT. If not the decision would have been harder to be honest.
Appreciate 1