03-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #24
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
Bmw43 and preregrine, you really nailed it with your sketches and renders. If I were to bet on a final outcome, mine would be here. The second round of your renders are much better bmw43 as you worked on what is going on in the license plate area.

Many previous renders ignored that area and just have a giant vacuum grille, which, technically is true, however, as seen in the leaked 4 series, there is a slight distinction in that area even without a plate bracket in that the grille is closed off there, creating a subtle horizontal visual cue. While seemingly minor, this creates a very different design visually. You guys have really nailed it, I think. And it is not a bad looking car.
I agree the sketches are looking good but shouldn't we expect the horizontal slats to continue in the license plate area as opposed to plain black plastic as shown in the colored sketches? I'm sure it will still look like a giant grill and they will try to disguise the horizontal closed piece in the license plate area by using horizontal grill slats...

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00