Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Ah you think I have bias towards a
I like the new 4 because I was one of the people within the company that stood up in 2016 and agreed we had to become a bolder type of conservative. The large grille has been a part of BMW history so it is not an entirely new concept but new for this era.

By all accounts the M3 takes this boldness and envelopes into a bold new and aggressive aerodynamics package, which understated is fine if you want to surprise. But not everybody has to Be the wolf in sheeps clothing. This is purely to push the M cars further away from their M Performance everyday accessibility.
With M3 People say it works and you have that distance.
The larger kidney grille adds more character
It works on the production 4 and it works on the new 2.
I would dispute that bigger grille equals boldness. It's not. Oversized grilles have been done by Audi's Singleframe grille and Lexus' Spindle grille and recently MB with the large Panamericana grille. And just as you are saying a large grille has been "a part of BMW history," Lexus and MB have made that claim before as well, so even the justification for it is not new. You can't claim boldness if you're only copying a design trend that's more than decade old (Audi's Singleframe started in 2007).
Appreciate 3
pbar1400.00
kern4174446.50
IM2C2066.50