RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
With a preliminary qualification of all due respect for your postings, contributions, and insight;

Why would anyone here ever expect your pre-release feedback to be any different than this? I'd never imagine you coming here saying 'yeah, some guys on the team have seen it and, just as you expected, the front end is a gigantic clusterfuck.' Or, 'yup, the new grille is a hideous miss by our design department, who were obviously poached from the firing pool of Lexus and Acura'.

No judgment, no criticism of what you do - just pointing out that anyone here expecting other than the corporate line will be disappointed.

Thanks, as ALWAYS, for your contributions and time spent on the forum Scott.

Self edit by my internal cynic: excited =/= positive. visually aggressive =/= good looking. far from restrained =/= a cohesively designed total package.

It could just be phrasology and i'm reading too much into it, but even your reply here is far from saying its a good looking product.
Ah you think I have bias towards a BMW product?
So I Toe the company line?

I actually raise opinion regards many methods such as product,design and technology that I exercise my freedom to be highly critical.
One such example I am known for is my distaste to the current MINI countryman which I think design wise is a complete abonoamation to the MINI ethos.
Which I am glad that the next series of MINI are returning to its early days with a product that can capture that emotion that MINI ran with. As I feel today's MINIs have squandered this era.

I like the new 4 because I was one of the people within the company that stood up in 2016 and agreed we had to become a bolder type of conservative. The large grille has been a part of BMW history so it is not an entirely new concept but new for this era.

By all accounts the M3 takes this boldness and envelopes into a bold new and aggressive aerodynamics package, which understated is fine if you want to surprise. But not everybody has to Be the wolf in sheeps clothing. This is purely to push the M cars further away from their M Performance everyday accessibility.
With M3 People say it works and you have that distance.
The larger kidney grille adds more character
It works on the production 4 and it works on the new 2.
Awesome feedback, and I apologize if any offense was taken.

I certainly haven't seen your criticality on the mini as I don't usually frequent their forums.

I look forward to seeing the finished product brought to market so that I can choose my next fun car.

Thanks Scott!

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 2
JTO245271.50
mkoesel7508.50