View Single Post
      05-25-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj123 View Post
I have been seeing PCD summary / questions across several different threads. Since PCD is becoming more popular, I am compiling the information / my experience in this thread which would help everyone in the future.

Online tracker update sequence:
At port (Germany)
In transit (Ship)
At port (Charleston, US)
In transit (Train)
At port (Greenville - Vehicle Processing Center)
At dealership (Performance Center)

My timeline:
04/29/22 - At port, Charleston
05/02/22 - In transit
05/05/22 - At VPC, Greenville
05/05/22 - VPC work order closed
05/06/22 - PC confirms delivery date
05/18/22 - At dealership
05/31/22 - Delivery date (initial date 6/1)

Scheduling:
- PC team will reach out to your CA after the work order is closed by Greenville VPC. PC team will not provide any tentative dates before that.
- PC team is only offering 1 delivery date (instead of 3 options in the past) and you need to respond within 3 days. If the proposed date doesn't work, your CA can request a different date which might be a week or two later.
- Please do not make any travel arrangements until two-weeks prior to your delivery date. Due to production schedules, weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, your delivery date may need to be changed prior to that three-week window. In the unlikely event we are notified of a delay for your vehicle, we will contact you immediately to arrange a new date (from PC confirmation email).

Cancellation:
If you need to cancel your Performance Center Delivery, notify the BMW Center from whom you ordered the vehicle immediately. They are required to submit a cancellation form for your vehicle. Please note the following two circumstances and the resulting outcome:
- If the vehicle has already been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, you are responsible for any shipping charges that apply to transport the vehicle back to your selling BMW Center. Vehicles are delivered to our facility approximately 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.
- If the vehicle has not been shipped to the BMW Performance Center, upon receipt of the Cancellation Form the vehicle will be re-routed for transport to your selling BMW Center at no additional cost.

Paperwork:
- My dealer completed paperwork 10 days before my PCD date.
- Once your date is confirmed, you have to complete and return your travel form no earlier than two-weeks prior to your delivery.

Special request:
- You can communicate special requests directly to your PC team or through your CA once your delivery date is confirmed.
- This was their feedback when i requested them to leave some protection films on the vehicle: We will do our best to accommodate some of these requests. However, some of the coverings must be removed to properly inspect the vehicle and clean some areas. We will request with the shop and detail team to leave any coverings on that aren't required to be removed during detail and Pre Delivery Inspection.

Delivery day:
- The delivery program is designed for you and one guest; additional guests cannot be accommodated, No exceptions.
- Delivery day will start at 8 am and conclude around 3 pm.
- The BMW Performance Center does not assist with shipping arrangements and customers who choose to ship a vehicle after delivery, must be available at the time of shipment to hand the vehicle over to the carrier.
- Participants must present a valid driver's license (participants 15 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a legal guardian).
- Child care services are not available. If your guest is a child under the age of 12, you will be required to accompany them in our café and will not be able to participate in the BMW factory tour or any of the driving activities.
- No pets are allowed at the BMW Performance Center or the Marriott hotel.

PPF installation:
I didn't want to drive back to MI without PPF and i reached out to Extreme Colors Auto Spa based on the recommendation from the forum.
- They are the the official BMW Performance Center paint protector since 2013.
- Their price was inline with the current market and they were extremely professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond.
- I started working with them right after my vehicle went with production. Initially, I had booked a tentative date and they were able to reschedule it as soon as i got my PCD confirmation.
- I chose following PPF options (full front, roof, rocker and few other things). I am planning to drop off the vehicle by a Tuesday evening and pick it by Thursday morning.
Congrats! I've taken delivery many many times from PCD to MI. Every time I wrap with some combination of trakktape and blue painters tape. I've been caught in everything from perfect sun to down pour and light snow. No issues what so ever.

After tape removal and decon I called Joe at autoedge to install xpel PPF.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
vj1233793.00