View Single Post
      11-01-2020, 10:39 PM   #51
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silber View Post
Agree with this. For the longest time I thought that it was a massive mistake and that I'd probably end up going upmarket to an M8 if I was to stay with the brand, but then when the M4 renders with the M8 style bumper came out I realized that I really didn't like the M8 styling ends up not working nearly as well on this body. I think any color that breaks the lighting and highlights all the creases on these cars, like the frozen paints, are going to look absolutely wicked in person. I'd really love to see one in Silversone II.

Now, the thing that I still can't get around to liking, and this has bothered me on the M8 as well and translated into other models was the redesign of the kink. This interpretation of it just doesn't look BMW to me.
Its going to look bmw in the future though...like a previous post said this is all being done to line up with the i4 design. This just happens to be the first model that looks this way. I would say its the opposite of what people are thinking...they probably are trying to make sure the design cues line up with their future evs but at this moment in time it looks like they're trying to make an odd duck that stands out.
Appreciate 0