Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjx View Post
Had TireRack do an at-home wheel-and-tire set swap from winter to summer for $60+tax.

Bought these 963Ms with PS4S tires back in December when I saw them noticeably below their regular price on a local dealership website ($5,578 before tax).

Not the best picture as I'm super-busy now, but shows how 963Ms go with Enzian. I prefer the 825Ms for some reason with the color of the car, but maybe it'll grow on me again like it did with my last car (orbit grey wheels).

Some thoughts on PS4S on these wheels vs. Continental ExtremeContact DWS on 825Ms:
- road noise is higher (than the factory Pirellis too)
- the sticky rubber picks up small pieces of gravel and they spray around in the wheel-well / underbody that you can hear clearly at 5-20 mph speeds.
- turning the steering wheel at standstill on concrete creates a squeaky screechy racket from the tires scrubbing on the ground.
- grip is spectacular (I'm used to PS4S so this wasn't unexpected).
- since these are the lightest wheels BMW makes, do I feel the reduced unsprung mass? Maybe? Barely.

Something that bugs me with this car: unlike my X5, even with the right tire settings (after setting tire type, size and speed), it almost never wants to tell me any recommended tire pressure settings front or rear. Once randomly it told me something, but that never repeated. My X5 tells me specific values in real time taking into account temperature and it's also visible in the MyBMW app.
Wheels look really good on the car.

I think the squeaky noise on the concrete will likely go away after a bit. Probably just due to them being new, no?

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0