09-25-2020, 01:36 PM   #61
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
I remember when the F30 launched people kept complaining about how the bmw solid feel is no longer there, it feels cheap, hollow blah blah blah.

So people complained about the weight, bmw complies and it has to give somewhere, it's not an exotic. Outcome, people still complain.

I truly believe that we as enthusiast need to be careful what we ask for. I'll take extra weight to gain the luxury aspect, safety and solid feel it brings back in. These are street cars first and foremost. We enthusiasts make up a tiny tiny bit of their bottom line. Want a light weight track car? Plenty of other options out there.

My C63S Coupe feels like it's made out of a solid piece of steel, feels incredible. It weighs over 4k lbs but it's still faster than M4 comp on multiple tracks.
Aside from groans about the slightly cheapened interior relative to the E90, 95% of the complaints about the F30 were in regard to how shitty it drove relative to 3-series of the past. Weight wasn't a complaint at all.

On a side note, the C63 definitely feels substantial. I don't find it nimble due to its weight, but it's a helluva muscle car.
Appreciate 0