Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
None. But if you do never plead guilty. It's not the fine it's the points on license that matter for insurance. Plead not guilty, ask for supporting deposition and scheduled court date. Delay it as long and as many times as possible. If you can delay it at least 3 years, I've done it, even if the ticket doesn't get dismissed the points will never show on license as it's 3 years from violation not from conviction.
Wow, how do you delay delay for 3 years? Just file normal motions asking for an extension of the hearing or whatever?
The first 2 you can usually just call in and delay. That usually buys a year or two especially if you can convince them the first option they give you doesn't work because you are traveling or child care. Sometimes that's enough to get to 3 years if they are backed up. Additional delays require some work but in todays Covid world are easier because delays due to medical issues are easy. I had a ticket in Nassau a while back that I delayed for 6 years. Went to court, didn't even try to fight it, paid fine and never showed on license.
Appreciate 0