View Single Post
      10-12-2022, 01:58 PM   #75
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
A few days ago I tipped a mover $50 bucks cash because I felt bad for him and he happily took it, while hiding from me that his company was going to charge me way over the estimate. The company he is contracted with isn't answering my calls or responding to my emails. He ghosted me as well.

Not feeling sorry for and tipping these chumps ever again. They're shady and not forthcoming. I also never tip more than 15% tip at restaurants.

Ba humbug indeed.
Call the old credit card company and dispute, I'll bet they call you back.

I had a plumber one time try to charge me 2 hours for a job. I was nice and signed the work order and immediately called the office, because they call you to let you know the guy will be there in 10-15.

I said, "She when you called? She what time it is now? He's trying to charge almost an hour more time and he's done." $150/hr for nothing is something up with which I will not put. They corrected it, no idea if the guy still works there.

As for the movers? "Thanks guys" maybe a bottle of water. I'm not buying into this I need to tip everyone on the damn planet BS.

Although the movers I used for this place maybe, they didn't charge by the hour, but by the item. Better believer those guys were HUSTLING.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9704.00