View Single Post
      01-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #25
br2wdc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E90 LMB

Years ago when moving into our current house, the first thing I did was get Verizon FIOS, and after going from "Triple Play" (Internet/Phone/TV) to "Double Play" (Internet/TV) to just internet, I was paying $65/month for 50 MB, not a good deal.

The last few years whenever I would call to upgrade, they would tell me my outside Box could only handle speeds up to 100 mb, and it would cost $300 to upgrade it, plus $90/month for 200mb speed, which clearly I wasn't going to do.

So about 6+ months ago, I noticed Verizon FIOS deals for 1GB for $90/month. I made the call and this time they agreed to upgrade my box for free, and if I paid using my credit card automatically each month, it would be $80/month .... SOLD!

The biggest difference for me is when uploading files for work, it is amazing the difference. literally seconds instead of many minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I pay about $90 a month for gig service with Comcast. While it's nice to be able to download files/updates at a faster rate, I could really care less as I'm hosting some servers on my home network and focus on the upload speeds which are more important to me. I went with gig service as it's the fastest upload speed available for me in my area.

2011 E90 M3 | Le Mans Blue | DCT | Slicktop
“The end is inevitable Maverick, your kind is headed for extinction” … “maybe so sir, but not today” – Tom Cruise in Top Gun: Maverick
Previous: 2006 E90 330i | 6MT -- 2001 E39 540i | 6MT -- 1997 E36 M3 | Techno Violet | 5MT
Appreciate 0