12-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #60
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_M3 View Post
The main problem I have with hellcats is that you will not, I repeat no matter how good of a driver you are, will not get it to grip. You need perfect track conditions for any type of traction. Yes the sound is amazing and the power is unbelievable but for an all around driving experience the M3 is a much more well rounded ride.

I have driven many high HP cars and the Hellcat is for sure a "less expensive" way to big HP but its just that a one trick pony. Im not sure what your plans are for the car but IMHO the M3 is plenty fast for daily use and those fun track days.
This market gave an opportunity to consolidate vehicles and plan for the future. This vehicle will be mainly for those fun solo / family drives and is going to stay in our garage for a very long time. I had a F87 on order this summer towards its EOP as it was a great analog vehicle. Test drove on and ended up cancelling the order as it was too small for our liking / needs.

Had a chance to drive a G80 during Indy M track day and it gives an great overall package. I have tracked vehicles for work and this vehicle exceeded my expectations. BMW has done a great job on putting down the power in this platform. Always wanted to own a M vehicle and this might be the last opportunity as i dont want iDrive 8 or a hybrid.

I have owned a Durango RT with HEMI in the past but Charger HellCat brings in a totally unique experience. A great deal off MSRP in the current market and EOP by next year are on the table as well.

I wont be going wrong with either of them but as of now, i am 51% on a G80 and 49% on a Charger HC.
Appreciate 0