10-27-2021, 12:14 PM   #18
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
The whole standard seats vs. the bucket seats is, to me at least, about so much more than just comfort. Yes, the buckets will keep you in place better than the standard seats, but I wouldn't tick the bucket seat option just because of the occasional canyon run.

I haven't sat in a G8X with the buckets, and I was still slightly on the fence about the seats, but I've come to terms as to why I really want them and ordered my G80 with them. I am not a thin guy by any means, but I'm willing to sacrifice a lot for a sense of occasion, thrill, and joy whenever I get into, look at, or drive my car.

My G80 M3 will be my daily driver as well. I got the buckets because I absolutely adore the way the seats look. Every time someone posts a picture of their G8X with the buckets, I'm left in amazement as to how bloody good it looks. Not knocking on the standard seats, but the buckets add a new dimension of looks to me; it distinguishes the interior vs. a bog standard 3 series. I don't care that the general public doesn't know the difference between an M3 and a 330d, but looking at the seats and knowing that my M3 has something in it that other 3 series BMW's don't makes me feel better about my car. I want to feel special when getting into my M3, and the buckets do a lot to help achieve that. I'm willing to live with the pains of ingress and egress if it means I feel special when I'm driving it or looking at it. And passengers - that's a tricky subject to be honest. My wife asked how comfortable the seats will be and I said "absolutely uncomfortable, but it's damned sexy and I like it." She laughed, said our families will enjoy poking us through the holes in the seat like my old F80 ZCP, and understood the reason for my choice. Besides, your passengers probably aren't paying for your car, so it's great that you're considering their feelings, but you should take yours into account first and foremost. As long as my wife was okay with it, I was always going to get it.

This is, of course, my specific opinion and feelings about them. Some of us are a bit older and would like more comfort, and some of us would rather put that money towards mods, etc. but ultimately it comes down to what the car means to you, how you plan to use it, and what you're willing to sacrifice.

I got Dakar Yellow exterior with Ivory White full interior with the buckets, and seeing it on the configurator made me go "hell freakin' yes". To each his/her own, but my banana themed G80 is going to put a smile on my face as I row my own gears in uncomfortable bucket seats.
This is beautiful!
Appreciate 0