View Single Post
      06-21-2021, 03:21 PM   #6
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACremona22 View Post
Any other recommendations? I have already booked two appointments with Simons, but would love a reliable place thats first come first serve as well.
I was going to go to Simon's as well, but from recent reviews on Yelp and neighborhood word-of-mouth, things have gone downhill there recently and they refuse to take any responsibility if something bad happens. Plus, as you said, there's a wait for appointments, blah blah blah.

I had gotten a lot of bug guts on mine after the 900-mile drive home from the dealership and didn't want them to bake in the sun, so I went to Luxury Auto Spa just south of Western and Polk. Their main Facebook profile picture is of someone's Lamborghini Urus, along with an Aston Martin, so I figured that I could take a chance with it. (Of course, those could all be staged, but I try to be an optimist..) Waiting another day for an appointment at a fancier hand wash place while letting the bug guts bake onto the car in the hot sun seemed worse.

In the end, I'm happy with the results and will be going back. Do they use some space-age polymerized cyber 5G crystal unicorn tears wash products? Probably not, but they used good techniques where it matters. Hosed off the entire car with some higher pressure water first, then were very generous with the foam cannon. There was a stack of fresh towels on a cart next to the guys doing the work, so I'm pretty sure that they use fresh towels for drying each car (going to confirm with the owner). They also used compressed air to get water out of crevices, etc. $12 for exterior wash, $4 for bug removal, and $3 for tire shine, and it looked at least as good as the day I drove it off the dealer lot.
Appreciate 0