Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
Why does anyone apply for financing before the car is fully built?
I discussed this in a previous thread.

Basically to sum it up. I didn't know any better. Before i went to the dealer the salesman said he had "one allocation left". That's what got me to the dealer to put my 1000 dollar deposit.

When i was at the dealer, i built my car (which wasn't even an in depth build since i added zero options, i just chose colors), he told me, "ok you should get the car in about a month or so". So he ran my credit, i paid the deposit and he said ok all good, i'll contact you when it's ready.

I didn't get any paperwork or an acknowledgement of what the hell i just did there at the dealership. I asked him for a print out of some sort and he printed me my build off the bmw website lol.

Got done, and was happy. Then registered to this site about a week later to show my happiness. Then people quickly informed me this was done all wrong. Because if i didn't leave that dealer with a production number, i didn't have an allocation.

Feeling angry, i contacted my SA. And he told me some shit. Probably covering his ass.

Anyway 3 weeks after that got my production number. About 4 weeks after that i went into production.

And here i am.

So i can dispute what happened 3 months ago but it'll get me nowhere.

You know why? Because if i get mad and say, no don't run my credit you shouldn't have ran it 3 months ago. He'll say, "ok so cancel your order and i'm sure we can make more money on your build anyway".

And i didn't wait 3 months for nothing.

If the car is ready for pickup in 3-4 weeks, then i have no choice but to get my credit ran again. Because if i cancel, i'm going for another car immediately, and they'll run my credit no matter what.

So yes i fucked up but i didn't know any better. I have always bought or leased cars from dealer stock.
Ah, ok. Sorry to throw salt in your wound.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0