06-05-2023, 07:26 AM   #44
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
True. But the Sapphire is pretty good looking. Too bad it’s more than the cost of 2 Plaids, which I don’t see the take rate being very high, at that cost.

It doesn’t trap much quicker than the plaid. I’ve seen The Tesla Plaid Channel, run a 9.1 in his, with the seats out. The 156 trap would get you kicked out of any sanctioned 1/4 mile track, since the top speed is 150. Over 150 and you need a parachute and a roll cage.

The charging network, outside of Supercharging, is subpar at best. I watched a few road tripping videos by Out of Spec motoring, road tripping in the Lucid Air and the Electrify America charging network, I would say, has about a 60%-70% uptime rate as compared to Teslas 99.95%.

Everywhere the guy went to charge, driving from Colorado to North Carolina, there were multiple charging stations 🚉 that were either down, completely off, or were only working at half capacity.

Having over 50k miles on his own Model 3, and he’s never been to a Supercharger that was down, and only twice since he’s had the car, has he even gotten to a Supercharger and had to wait in line for a charger to open up. And both times, he claims, the wait was no more than 5 minutes before someone was done charging and he could get in.

Half of Teslas worth, is their Supercharging network. This is the new 250kw supercharger about 5 minutes from my house, and this is the first time I’ve ever seen it this busy. It’s been open for about a month, and in fact, it’s not even listed on the supercharging map, yet and I drive by it a few times a week, and this was the first time I’d seen more than 1-2 people at it.

If I was charging, here, I still would have been ok, because there were 2 chargers open, even at how busy this day was.

Sapphire does look good, i ain't even going to lie.

The only issue i have with it, is that it doesn't "look fast", even though it's insanely fast. It just looks like a futuristic buick or something.

With the plaid, it's design profile is more sleek looking, giving a depiction of speed. The lucid interior is nice though for sure. I honestly would love to have that interior even though i am a big fan of the minimalistic interior tesla's have. At least the model S/X has a screen in front if you instead of just the big IPAD screen.

Honestly i've had my model 3 for like 15 months now and i probably been to a supercharger maybe 5 or 6 times. My GF has level 2 at her house but since my commute is literally 20 miles a day total, i can just plug the car when i get home at level 1 and be totally fine and recharged the next morning.

The only issue i see with the tesla network, which is amazing since they're everywhere with more being installed, is that a lot of the times tesla owners abuse the stations. There was one time i checked my app and it showed the SC 1.4 miles from my house had 9/12 stalls available (meaning 9 empty, 3 being used), when i got there, 3 of the chargers were broke. And by broke i mean the plug was cracked, or there was an error code where it wouldn't start the charge. I had to move my car repeatedly to the next stall while the other tesla owners were watching me and probably laughing lol.

These things will get better over time. Some people don't have an understanding of how these things work they just hate EV's and say if it doesn't charge my car in 5 minutes like i can fill up a tank of gas it'll never work out!!

Like do they not understand you can't just feed that much energy into the battery like that? Similar to why it still takes 45 minutes or 1 hour to charge your cell phone.

Once battery and charging technology improves, this will get better. Even if it reduces charge times from 30-40 minutes to 15-20 minutes in the next 5-10 years or so, that is definitely a success.
M4Tejas800.00