dailym3
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
'15 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
An M-car is a mass market performance car that is mostly a daily driver but can also be used for sport (i.e., track use). Each generation meets that mission with the latest technology, technical and mechanical, which means M cars get better and better at the dual duty as the years go by. And, the F8x generation is faster, more capable, and more comfortable - both duties - than every generation before it.

What an M-car is not, is a niche spec racer, and it never was. But good news! Now, for the first time, you can buy a spec racer M4, the GT4.

That's about as pure as it gets.
Conceptually I understand where you are coming from, but at some point, maybe around the E46 time frame, the word better became blurred I think. There's a point where physical limits come into play. Like the limits of tires and public roadways and normal driver's capabilities. I'm not asking for a spec racer. I love the dual capability of an M car, I just don't need seat massagers, fragrance wafters, gesture controls, and all the nonsense that somehow BMW thinks we can't live without. I'll give them 50hp back for 500 pounds. And I'll give them their tech options for $10k. I'll still have a very comfortable street car that's more reliable, costs less, and is still more fun to drive. And no, I don't want the car to drive for me either
Appreciate 0