View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 12:38 PM   #71
Hybridizer
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Competition X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by White340XDriveInCt View Post
I bought my 2023 Comp a couple weeks ago and (shocker lol) it had squeaky brakes (like many of the M3's I've owned).

However, as was the case with the previous cars (all but one of them were CPO or slightly used), it was most likely the fact the cars sat around or weren't driven "hard" which created the squeaky brake scenario because each time (including with this new car) I took it out and got it up to higher speeds and then did multiple full locks, the squeak vanished. TOTALLY. Sometimes it will come back as brakes get wet and sit, etc., but at least from my experience, repeat the previously mentioned process and we're back to quiet time

Mine has been tracked multiple days. Squeaks didn't go away, and came back before I made it home. Granted I don't drive on the street anywhere near like the track on braking load.

If you resolved your issue. Kudo's to you, I can't drive hard enough daily to keep it away. Either way the dust is insane as well. Red's have been great, also like isweeps with the ceramic dust it's more of a tan and doesn't seem to attach as easily. With ceramic coating it's easy to keep up on them.

Granted when I go back to the track I swap the pads out. Small price to pay for me, and this pads are quick and easy to swap out.
Appreciate 1