View Single Post
      03-28-2021, 01:56 PM   #49
M2_MEDUSA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Comp. SpecialEdition

The fact that the new M cars carry this ECU is a huge breakthrough for the tuners to want to crack it. This is good news for guys like me with the 2021 S55’s. Instead of being left behind because of only a 6m-1y span of my ECU being totally locked. The newer M cars carrying it means I have hope for mine.

Long story short, lots of money on the table and itll
Be cracked fast. Good news for 06/2020 built S55 guys also. And when I say fast I mean before most S58’s reach out of warranty.

PTF and others have been tinkering for what feels like forever but it’s only been a year. They’ve estimated June of this year it’ll be cracked but hopes isn’t that high I’m banking summer of next year we will have bench unlock capability. And if not a company will come out with something so ahead of its time we don’t need a ECU flash. But I’m just speculating now.

Bosch signed a contract telling Bmw these are unflashable ECU’s and they garuntee it. What does that mean well okay let’s say we get to the point of cracking it what’s the security measures? Did bosche put something in these ECU’s that if cracked immediatly power down and relock? We don’t know that yet because they’ve never been cracked. Time will tell but let’s hope that that’s not the case.

Then there’s the question if Bosche does have some backend security in these new ECU’s that relock do we have the ability to crack that as well and stop it from relocking?

Let me reiterate this is personal speculation and something that could be a possibility but also end this post and say regardless nothing in this world is uncrackable. Software will always Carry bugs and we use those bugs to crack things. Sometimes when software gets updated to fix bugs that update creates even more bugs and makes it easier to crack which is true and not speculation.

Sorry this was a lot don’t mean to be boring

Last edited by M2_MEDUSA; 03-28-2021 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3612.50