View Single Post
      01-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #43
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Same, here, the manual makes it special...DCTs are are dime a dozen nothing special. That's why I rule out Lexus even though they are high value and more reliable long term. No manual...no sale. Once BMW drops them, I doubt I would want to spend so much money for a BMW when there are other automatic choices out there from Lexus, Mercedes, Audi, etc

There is so little that sets a BMW apart from the rest nowadays that once they drop manual, they will just blend in for me.

They are already following the pack with door window controls, fake sound, forced ipad displays, video game lighting, turbos, electric steering and so on.

We all know that BMW won't care though because there are very few of us that feel that strongly so it won't matter. Yes the manual is dead and anyone that likes a manual should get one while they can because the future is automatic only.
This where I disagree. Auto vs auto there still are differences between the cars.

Audi doesn't sell the RS4 here so there is no direct 4 door competitor to the M3 if you want/need a four door. They sell the RS5 and a lot of you MT people get just as worked up about AWD being a no no.

Lexus is heavy and unlike others I'm really not a fan of their interior or infotainment controls. Not to mention the polarizing exterior styling.

It seems MB with the AMG C63 for me would be the closest car that could get me away from BMW. Even though I'm not enamored with its looks (mostly rear end) and its cockpit is less ergonomically driver orientated compared to BMW's IMO.

Last edited by minn19; 01-24-2015 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0