View Single Post
      09-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #32
Cosworthstag
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 G80

I think I have the perfect pair. Came from a AMG GT 63s as a daily, 991.2 Targa 4s mapped to 520bhp as the middle car and Ferrari California T as the summer car.

AMG big old lump maybe too big hence the M4 xDrive. Big let's down was the service not the car!
991.2 great car got every single on of them 520 ponies out of it. Handles like a go cart. AMG GT went in February so used the 991.2 as DD.
Ferrari California T first into to Ferrari and kept for 7 years till the free services finished lol. Could still smell the leather like brand new the day the dealer took it away.

Had M4 since June, service done 4 weeks ago. My first BMW so first M car. Totally impressed beats the 991.2 for comfort and space of course. Technology best for me beats the AMG's I've had. Stares equally pegging to the Cali T. Right size car for me, could have had M5 but on par with the GT a little big.

Got a Ferrari F8 Spider in March. OMG what a car, best description I have seen for it and totally describes it perfect 488 Pista in a suit. Probably a bit too fast for roads but hay ho. Handles corners like it's on rails, well in the dry. Comfortable on any long run. Went for the standard sets where as M4 the buckets. Mainly to have the electric adjustment where as buckets are manual and heated seat being in the UK.

What makes me say take a look at Ferrari. Yes the cars are fantastic, so are Lamborghini and McLaren. Having had a Urus but being 6 feet tall the 2 seaters there's not enough head room for me in Lamborghinis. McLarens I was fine. Then there's the doors can park the F8 anywhere. What is the icing on the car is the dealers attention to your needs. Maserati loan car when in for service. Dealer follow ups, made to feel as welcome as all their multi millionaires and celebrities.