07-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #6
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Didn't show part number on receipt, probably because part was in Parts Dept before I got there as they ordered it when I took the car back because of that and the XM not working. As I understand it, the first fix was a new screw--longer. Once that was put in, the plug worked ok fully to the right, but not in the center/left. Definite play in it. I put a small piece of rubber tubing (non-conductive of course) in to hold the plug tight. Worked fine, looked tacky. The new piece keeps the plug firmly in place--no play, and probably has a longer screw on the bottom. I was told it was a known problem, just like XM not being up--at least on my M4C.
So I've been to the dealer twice for this now and they say there is nothing they can do for it. Their plugs work but my three do not. I showed them your post and they said they don't have a clue about that part. Can you tell me what dealer you took your car to and maybe I can call them or put my dealer and them in touch and see if they can figure something out? Also do you know, does it matter if the plug I'm trying to put in is a fast charging adapter or not?
Appreciate 0