View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 08:16 AM   #77
Fuller
Major
Rep
Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
Like many I absolutely hated the grills. However, after seeing them so much it’s not that I ever hated them, it’s that I couldn’t accept such a big deviation from the bmw we knew. So it’s not that they are growing on me but rather acceptance that this is the design language. Looking at it from that perspective it does make the f8x series, including the new m2 cs look dated

Now to jus get over the hood indents and busy rear bumper . I think this car in LCI or cs form is going to look wicked.

If you can’t accept the new design language then keep your f8x generation. The car looks like it’s from the future in comparison to the f8x series- that doesn’t take anything away from the f8x but with half or full electric coming to these models in under 2 generations more, probably something we need to come to grips with

The front looks super aggressive in a good way but I’m still not sure it’s put together in a matter that flows. It gives me more American muscle vibes than it does German elegance, just a diff thing
I agree that the G80/82 have more of a muscle car look. They look more Detroit than Munich. This isn't necessarily bad, depending on your taste. I'd say, though, that these design elements represent the biggest departure from typical bmw styling that we've seen in a single iteration.
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00