United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2021 Porsche Cay

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMan77 View Post
I decided I did not need a vehicle as large as my X7 M50i. I picked up the X7 in May 2021, paid $103k on a $107k sticker. I traded on 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid and dealer gave me $100k. I paid sticker for the Porsche; however, received $7500 tax credit. The Porsche is not missing any features. For a while, they were taking out the tilt/telescope module on steering column, and adding as they become available.
Do you miss anything about the X7 M50I? And driving wise how would you compare it to the Cayanne power and handling wise?
Actually, I do not miss the X7 at all. BMW's interface is much more user friendly than the Porsche. The Cayenne's handling, driver engagement, and size suited my driving style better. No comparison between the two from a power delivery standpoint. The M50i is a wonderful power train. The Cayenne can move if pressed, but nothing sounds like a 8 cylinder.

I had an X5 M50i previously, and I thought I wanted an X7. I don't have room for 3 cars, so my daily is my everything vehicle. I only need the X7 space a couple times a year. Honestly, I prefer my Cayenne to the X5 M50i as well. I wanted a GTS but they are VERY scarce.
Appreciate 0