View Single Post
      04-26-2021, 11:42 AM   #80
Designer003
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
I'm very aware of the situation where every single German luxury car seems to be in limited supply. Launch vehicle is getting people lined up (be noted official order started to be accepted just few days ago). It's a matter of supply and demand. These days car dealers have been trying to sell anything that has more customers than allocations at markup.

Try 911 it's even more so, although it's in a much higher price point and has much less customer in sheer number compared to the M.

Also it's never the BMW's market tactic to limit supply. For none limited car (a lot limited one as well) BMW has always been producing as many as customer wants. It's a COVID thing that seriously hurt the capacity. The most of German still work from home the most of the time.

In the foreseeable future, everything exotic is not going to stop upping the prices.
I know what you are saying, but I am not so convinced about BMW has planned enough production to say they are producing as many as customer wants. Even China domestic manufactured 3 and 5 series has difficulty in delivering in time, which is not because of Covid since third quoter of last year.

It is common to restrict the supply despite the demand in order to maintain high price/value/demand of the premium and luxury brands.

Porsche is doing it for years, even to Macan, which is their best selling, profit-yielding vehicle.. it is basically Audi Q5 but always had more than 6 to 8 months delivery time in China.

I agree that in future markups are going to get more common.
Although manufacture might limit supply of vehicle but markups are done by dealerships for their own profit. I'm all against it and I hope manufactures will be more strict on these price markups.

I want M4 Comp.... performance of new generation M is best ever.
Appreciate 0