View Single Post
      05-04-2022, 06:37 PM   #20
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Know what's great about having a screen integrated into the dash? Less sun reflection off of it so it's easier to see / read at all times.

I can't stand the floating ipad look and it's one of the significant factors that turned me off to Mercedes when I was cross shopping. I liked BMW's at-least-partial-integration on the current G2x / G8x interiors.

I can't understate how much I loathe the trend towards "touchscreen ALL the controls" too. What happened to the driver-centric ethos? What happened to letting you focus more on the road, and not whether you're about to turn up the volume or the temperature or open the navigation screen by accident? Let alone when it's bumpy and you're trying to do something.

Voice controls aren't at the point yet where they're flawless enough to completely replace everything, and they're annoying to use for minor things that would take half as long to hit a couple buttons. Then there's the times when other people are in the car and you're trying to input something - I can't count how many times I've gotten annoyed because I try to input a voice command for a destination and as soon as I'm done talking, someone else starts the conversation back up and the car gets confused and I have to start over.

Fuck. All. That.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 5
LuckyBrand1321.50
PLF693767.50
Scorp!on1514.50
s58544.00
StooHue17.50