United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cas29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic3 View Post
Thanks for all the responses fellas.

I should clarify that I'm debating between carbon buckets and ventilated standards (no question that I'll be opting for vents if I go standard).

On one hand, I live in Texas, but on the other hand I feel that the buckets really add a layer of specialness (I'll be honest this thing is going to see 1-2 track days per year max).

Have only a few days left to decide as I'm now scheduled for production.
I opted for ventilated seats and don't regret it. I just took my car to the Nurburgring and I did not feel like I was sliding around in my seat... Was I as secure as the buckets, absolutely not, but I wasn't flying all over the place either.

Also, everyone is saying that the air is sucked into the seats, I feel like air is blowing out when I put my hand on the seat to feel for it..

At the end of the day, Texas is hot as shit, buuuuuuut those seats are badass looking. I sat in them for about 10 minutes and they were ok. I'm glad I went with the standard seats though... again, no regrets.

Good luck!
Turn them on, then put a tissue on the seat. It's hard to tell what direction the air is going unless it's a lot of air.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 0