04-14-2021, 07:12 PM   #29
av.7447
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, E60 M5, F06 M6, F15, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBum View Post
No I'm not. The point I'm making is one is a sporty touring car and the others are purpose built sports cars so one could easily say quit trying to make a sporty sedan into a sports car as saying "if you don't get carbon seats with an M3 you may as well buy a run of the mill 3 series." Point is they are both dumb statements.

I'd wager most of us on here who can afford a new M3, but for whatever reason a few thousand dollars for seats was just out of reach, could just wait a couple of weeks to get paid again and check that box. The amount for the seats is paltry for most in here if you really want carbon buckets. Not everyone wants to do contortion to get in and out of these and just want a less aggressive seat to do what, let's be honest here, most of these cars will be doing, which is being driven to the Cheesecake Factory and maybe some spirited country roads.
Hold on a sec... The M3 is a hardcore very high performance car built for enthusiasts! It would be pretty stupid to spend extra money on a car that you want to go to a Cheesecake Factory and for some spirited driving once in a blue moon... 🤔 As far as I know, any BMW is an awesome car for a spirited driving around any nice public roads be it an M340, a 540i with a sport package or even a BMW X6... all bmw cars are simply awesome to drive, it’s a fact... So now I am completely confused about why people buy an M3 other than for the thrill of pure driving awesomeness and then skip on the obvious carbon seats.... 💪🤤🤪😅
Appreciate 0