View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 05:30 AM   #4
M4_Randy
@M4_randy
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competition

Looks nice mate, got it from Inchcape Reading yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil98 View Post
So I bit the bullet and bought into a new G81 bizarrely better money than a used one (if using PcP).

First impressions
- insurance not too bad - some change out of a grand. Cheaper than the (modified) 340i. No tracker but needs to be garaged at home
- iDrive8 is confusing but very sexy - jury’s out. I watched a Carwow video comparing all the bmw tourers and agree with everything they said about idrive 8!!
- gear level left to right instead of backwards and forwards. That’ll take some getting used to
- definately has road presence loads of looks and respect on the motorway
- black interior sooo boring but hey ho a small compromise to make
- fuel economy lower than anticipated (I mainly drove like miss daisy and still only got 27th. Guess u don’t buy these for the economy and hope it will get better when she loosens up
- BMW app/profile seriously impressive ping the barcode and all / most of my settings came across from the 340
- HUD doesn’t seem as configurable. Nav symbols quite small and half the screen wasted with fancy logo /design
- Nav screen doesn’t appear to do split screen (if it does I’ve not found it yet) and I miss the direction symbols
- Spotify integration better
- Radio saved list much better
- the 8 programmable buttons have gone! Screen based version poor substitute
- having moaned the auto headlight dipping was going to be a chargeable xtra, it suddenly burst into life this evening. Maybe my 340 subscription followed me to the new car?

I splashed out and had front half ppf’d with the self heal really good job - On Track Detailing - near Reading if anyone was wants a recommendation. Incredible attention to detail, dealer so impressed they are posting it on their web site.

Went for a tracker in the end. And had to squeeze her into a lockable garage as an insurance requirement made a bigger difference than tracker to the premium so spent the weekend clearing out the crap from my garage!

I won’t be modifying this car at all as the insurance on the 340 went bonkers with the simplest of mods. Even bmw finance refused to quote with just a bmw dealer fit body kit glued on!

Looking forward to passing the 1500 mile mark and giving it some beans.
Appreciate 1
nil98125.00