Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G20

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112 View Post
Me, too. The reason I came back to BMW was the controller-based interface. Most important was the instant map zoom by turning the controller. I use this constantly. My prior Toyota required you hit a + or - button on screen. Way, way more complex and you had to take your eyes off the road. I adore the iDrive controller, and its elimination will nearly certainly widen my search for a replacement to other brands such as Audi that aren't all-in on this 100% touchscreen nonsense.
Ha. I came from a VW Arteon with MIB III, prior to that idrive 4.2 in my 435. I liked it as the tuning knob could still be used for certain things but I still preferred idrive 4.2. It was very much snappy like an iPhone with pinch to zoom and other features but the cleaning… I literally had to clean it after every trip I took. I got used to it sort of but the glass they use is not finger print resistent at all. . But they’re going away with controllers too. MIB III 12.0/14.2 is the new standard ie: golf and ID.4 and will shift into Audis in America in the next year or so now that they’ve replaced the NA CEO and his atomic bomb dropping of ID.4 and software
Appreciate 0