09-30-2020, 10:27 PM   #36
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by The English Guy View Post
Not only is the design stirring emotions maybe the price should as well.

Ran a config out of interest. A BMW M3 Competition, Davit Grey with a few options comes out as, for me, 117,500 EUR / 137,050 USD base price.

The government here in France have just released the new Emissions / Anti-Pollution Tax supplement for 2021 and 2022 (Malus Ecologique).

At 231g/km CO2 the M3 will cost me an extra 40,000 EUR / 46,600 USD on top of the purchase price to register it for the road and receive a license plate. This makes my purchase an eye watering 157,500 EUR / 183,695 USD.

Is it really worth it ? Ecology has taken hold in the European Union and this type of vehicle has seen it's day.

What's your opinion ?

Rest Of The World > Enjoy it while you can.

2022 sees the tax go up to 50,000 EUR.

This car has no chance even if it was a looker.

The next M3 will surely be Electric / Hybrid.
Same here in Sweden we have a system called bonus malus making even regular cars have high taxes more powerfull cars crazy high taxes.
All this is based on Co2 emissions.

But Dodge and Ford are getting around this problem by make their high Co2 emissions vehicles flexfuel (E85 bioetanol) and these have regular low taxes.
So i suggested to BMW Sweden to do the same and they said that they would forward it but i has not heard anything since.

Maybe this can be a solution i other European countrys too?
Appreciate 0