Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
You mean you just want a mini M8, thought we don't want same sausage in different size anymore
Think he was meaning just proportions of grill and headlights and just the main architecture of the front end.

The design can be whatever but when you throw a disproportionate object on the face of the car that has no business being their and it's not even supported by the surrounding shapes it's just a mess and ya no timelessness about it. You end up with a car that is no more than a quickly passing fad that is in and out and forgotten.

Don't want bmw to start creating disposable cars that don't have a long life to their designs. Again beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to some it will tick the right boxes and it may sell like hot cakes but time will tell.

One of the hardest things to do is to create a beautiful car, something you want to stare at for hours and marvel at its beautiful lines. It's easy to design a flavor of the week, but to truly create a timeless beauty is what these companies should be about. That's how you get me to pay almost 6 figures for your car if you create a car that's more or less shock value and screaming look at me without real substance I'll just go elsewhere.

I remember way back when they started the flame surfacing and how the bmw enthusiasts where all crying murder !!! And sent Chris bangle death threats for ruining their brand and it eventually caught on and then More manufacturers copied that look and now at some point they will have to explore something new and daring and turn up the heat and do something that will again make people uncomfortable but you have to, to stay relevant you need to keep things fresh. We have to stay uncomfortable to keep things moving.

It's hard but sometimes you got to brake a few eggs to make an omelette.
Avoid omelets! Then you won't killing baby chickens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
You mean you just want a mini M8, thought we don't want same sausage in different size anymore
It's hard but sometimes you got to brake a few eggs to make an omelette.
Avoid omelets! Then you won't killing baby chickens!

Lol. Love it ! They are to cute!

Appreciate 0