minster4
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4 Competiton

Garage List
2023 BMW X7 40D  [0.00]
2020 BMW M4C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Is it just me but I don't really get the obsession with 0-60 times. If you go to drag strip for a win you need a totally different vehicle. Do a lot of M3 owners frequent drag strip for pleasure ?

On the track it doesn't matter as you don't start a hot lap from standing still

On normal street driving on public roads and with other cars, how do you even use launch control?

So apart from being a number and good for making a bunch of YouTube videos why does 0-60 matter ? Don't get me wrong I am just curious. It seems this 0-60 argument is the number one thing EV fans in particular Tesla fans brag about but I never get their point as it is a useless figure for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Is it just me but I don't really get the obsession with 0-60 times. If you go to drag strip for a win you need a totally different vehicle. Do a lot of M3 owners frequent drag strip for pleasure ?

On the track it doesn't matter as you don't start a hot lap from standing still

On normal street driving on public roads and with other cars, how do you even use launch control?

So apart from being a number and good for making a bunch of YouTube videos why does 0-60 matter ? Don't get me wrong I am just curious. It seems this 0-60 argument is the number one thing EV fans in particular Tesla fans brag about but I never get their point as it is a useless figure for me.
Can't agree more
Appreciate 0