View Single Post
      07-13-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
The M8 is about 70% more expensive, a totally different class, not really comparable. If you have allocated budget north of $150K for your next car, then you get the M8 over the M3, period. If you need to track, in the M8 price range, you can get the Porsche 911 GTS. In other words, if this is your budget range, there are better options than the M3.
The M3 build that I would do is right about $100K, the M8 build that I would do is $133K and I would be choosing less options with it as that is the top of my budget.

They are 2 very different cars for sure and it's a weird comparison. It's probably a moot point anyway because my dealership doesn't have any M8 allocations either. As I said, I already did an early trade in and am not willing to just call that ~$4,600 tax credit a wash so I'm not shopping other makes. The M8 is the only other thing that really interests me but it is a much larger car too and I like the size and agility of the M3.

At the end of the day I'm pretty sure that I would be the happiest in the M3 so I should probably just deal with the stupid wait and not knowing when I will get an allocation.
Appreciate 1