View Single Post
      02-03-2022, 11:05 PM   #8
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Just few thoughts:

- Most likely it won't be 100% electric until batteries can be charged as fast (or close) as pumping gas, so I predict it will be a combo between electric and hybrid vehicles for a while.

- It's a myth that EVs can't survive a snow blizzard, one YouTuber tested this Model X with older resistive heating and got about 28 hours at keeping 70 degrees, obviously at 60-65 degrees, and use of heated seats it would last even longer. Some newer EVs are equipped with heat pumps and can produce heat for days, pretty much as long as gas cars.

- As far as clearing roads from dead EVs, this goes back to my 1st point - we need quick charging EVs. Plus I'm sure tow trucks would love to make a few bucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
If electric vehicles are the future, what about those in apartments? A large amount of people live in apartments and have cars. They are constantly building massive apartment complexes and hardly any have charging stations and if they do, it's for a handful of cars. So what exactly are these people to do once all the automakers change to electric? I have a real hard time seeing apartment complexes investing massive sums into installing hundreds, if not thousands of charging stations in their lots.

Side question? What happens to those in electric cars stuck in blizzard on highways for hours on end and their cars discharge? How the hell do you get all those uncharged cars off road? Bring in a bunch of generators and tow trucks?

Last edited by Sedoy; 02-03-2022 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0