05-02-2021, 03:57 PM   #44
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I think we have similar tastes. I passed on trading up to a DCT m2c from my 2017 m2 because I just don't like the stock state of tune on s55 m2c. I could tune it, but I didn't want to pay that much and destroy the warranty right away, so maybe I'll circle back to the m2c when it gets cheaper and out of warranty. I just like an engine that revs out better than the stock tune on that car.

From what I hear and see the s58 revs out nice in the g80 especially the MT. ZF8 I think is out for me unless I had to make that compromise. That's a lot of money for a car I might not like. I'm leaning heavily toward a MT g87 but I fear bmw will detune it with a similar strategy as they used on the s55 capping power early in the rev range making several rpms of disappointment. I'm sure the g87 CS will be great but more than I want to spend for that car I'm sure. So I'm left hoping the g87 MT engine tune is good, it can be flashed tuned, g80 instead but it's so big and goofy looking.... or tuned DCT m2c when they come down in price.
Thank you Akkando!

You seem to really know what you want, as well as corresponding options available to choose from that will suit your needs and desires.

The G87 carries a great deal of promise toward being a sound encore to the F87.

I will let you know where I end up landing on the G80 . . . six months from now it might end up being the best car I have ever owned???

///AVM
Appreciate 1
akkando5864.50