02-16-2024, 05:51 PM   #1
Vectors2final
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 YMB/SS ZCP

Ordered: TVM(299)/Full Tartufo G80

Hello Again,

Like the last generation, I spent much time lurking on G80 Post since this generation debuted. I quickly warmed up to the grille and heard whispers that the X-Drive version would come out. I typically go through cars like underwear, but I had an excuse to wait. I had no reason to jump into a car so soon, especially since the world went to hell in a handbasket, so I figured it would be best to wait for a refresh. I considered waiting until 2025 MY was released, but I didn't feel the changes were worth the wait. Very different from the the F80, where LCI was a massive change.

The closest I got to breaking my restraint was in 2022, but the wife wanted an RV so we could go "glamping." We picked up a 2022 Ram to tow our new 40' 5th wheel around, so I had yet another reason not to rush into getting another car. Rates took a turn for the worst in 2023, but now that we've paid those off along with my GT350, there was no real reason to wait anymore. Rates still suck, but I still have some time to get a better deal if Papa J-Powell and his friends get a little more dovish. When I went through the same process in the last generation, these order threads helped the time pass. It helped me relax and exercise patience, knowing that others were right there with me, waiting for the same thing. I also feel like these help others be resourceful in finding out information about their upcoming delivery and where it's at in the process. I feel like I would be doing the community a disservice by not posting this for others. It brings a sense of "community" before you even take delivery.

Here is the link to my old thread, which ended up being a repurposed thread for my second F80, and I was able to post a lot more about the process. Link to my old order thread on F80 Post.

2024 M3 Competition xDrive Configuration
  • 299 Techno Violett Metallic
  • Tartufo Full Merino Leather
  • Park Assist Package
  • Executive Package
  • M Drive Professional
  • Red Calipers
  • Shadowline Lights
  • Front Ventilated Seats
  • Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
  • Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
  • Drive Recorder
  • M Carbon Exterior Package
  • M Double-spoke Black wheels

Here we are, sitting in "Status 102".

TL;DR for those who don't feel like reading the word castle: I'm getting back into an M-Car.

PS: Big shoutout to Day Laborer, who secured me a 2024 allocation in the same state within 24 hours over a weekend. He made the search much easier, as my local dealer has a long waiting list.
Appreciate 6
Llarry16417.00
Limegrntaln13543.50
Adcampo888.50